Wednesday, June 16, 2010

No Ordinary Day

Sometimes I have to go to the doctor.  You know, the "primary care" doctor.  This probably happens twice a year at most, but yes, it does happen.   Though my throat had been hurting for a couple days, I went about my life, ignoring it;  thinking it would just go away.  But then, the unthinkable happened. I woke up with more than just alittle throat pain.    I couldn't smile or even open my mouth to make more than an "ahhh" sound.  Crap!!  Not today I thought. 

Let me back up just a bit.  This particular day was no ordinary day.   This particular day was my daughter's 10th birthday, my niece was coming into town for a week and on THIS particular day, we were heading out for an  overnight camping trip in our new travel trailer.  NOT the best day to try and squeeze in a dr. appt let alone be sick.

Dr. confirmed my worst fear!  Strep throat and a sinus infection.  Great!  Prescription in hand, I head to the pharmacy for a z-pack and a couple boxes of kleenex.  Relief is on the way.  Right?!

Feeling like I had been hit by a ton of bricks.  Scratch that.  Feeling like I had been  hit by a dump truck full of a ton of bricks, I get home and continue packing up the trailer for our birthday outing  with a smile on my face, head full of "gunk" and my ears echoing every sound anywhere near me.  

A week has since past.  My ears are still echoing, my head is still full of gunk but the strep has cleared, the camping trip was a huge success (a little wine helped that happen) and my daughter had a great birthday!   Yeah.  No ordinary day but a pretty good day over all. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment